TARGET AUDIENCE: People who need to write a basic report
PRE-REQUISITE: Basic computer literacy in MS Office
BUSINESS SKILLS TRAINING CURRICULUM.
BASIC REPORT WRITING
(Please contact our office for available dates)
- Target audience and purpose
- The text-type styles
- Language appropriate to socio-cultural sensitivities
- Writing is well-structured and conveys its message clearly
- Critical thinking skills are used as strategies for planning
- Arguments are supported with sound reasons and facts, and writing reflects a clear point of view, and shows logical
- development of a clearly articulated premise
- Research skills
- Use language structures and features
- Meaning is clearly expressed through the use of a range of sentence lengths, types, and complexities
- The use of paragraph conventions, including links between paragraphs in texts, promotes coherence and cohesion in writing.
- Their use is explained with reference to logical progression, cause and effect, and contrast
- The overall structure of a piece of writing is controlled and the conclusion is clearly formulated
- Writing produced is appropriate to audience, purpose and context. Corrections are an improvement on the original
- Control of grammar, diction, sentence and paragraph structure is checked and adapted for consistency.
- Logical sequencing of ideas and overall unity is achieved through redrafting
- There is clear evidence that major grammatical and linguistic errors are edited out in redrafts
- Inappropriate or potentially offensive language is identified and adapted/removed
- Experimentation with different layout and options for presentation are appropriate to the nature and purpose of the task
T: 087 238 0716
A: Building 5, Suite 5, Glen Manor Office Park,
138 Frikkie de Beer Street, Pretoria, 0063
ABOUT FIBRE INSTITUTE:
We deliver customized, competency tested, verified and recorded plus accredited technical training programmes that focus on the execution and delivery of projects in-line with our customers specification.
©2018 Fibre Academy . All rights reserved.