FIBRE OPTIC TECHNICAL TRAINING CURRICULUM.
CERTIFIED FIBRE OPTIC TECHNICIAN (SPLICING AND TESTING)
TARGET AUDIENCE: Splice technician, Fibre test technician (OTDR)
- Introduction to Fibre Optics
- Identify the benefits of optical fibre as a medium of transmission.
- Differentiate the types of optical fibre cables and their characteristics.
- Understand the Optical Fibre communication system and its components.
- Recognise the types of single/multi-mode fibres and identify their characteristics.
• Cable end preparation
• Enclosure preparation
• Cable attachment
• Buffer tube attachment
• Fibre coiling
• Buffer tube coiling
• Tray attachment
• Enclosure finishing
- Passive Devices
- Planning Management issues
- Cable Installations Principles
- Work safely when carrying out fibre characterisation tasks
- Set up an OTDR correctly for optimum performance
- OTDR Principles and Methods
- Store OTDR traces efficiently with full information and meaningful filenames
- Other equipment (VFL, Fibre Identifier Micro Scope)
- Certification Principles and Methods
- Connector Inspection
- FTTH and FTTB Networks
T: 087 238 0716
A: Building 5, Suite 5, Glen Manor Office Park,
138 Frikkie de Beer Street, Pretoria, 0063
ABOUT FIBRE INSTITUTE:
We deliver customized, competency tested, verified and recorded plus accredited technical training programmes that focus on the execution and delivery of projects in-line with our customers specification.
©2018 Fibre Academy . All rights reserved.