- Demonstrate the ability to use the features and functions of OTDR test equipment to perform tests on Optical Fibres.
- OTDR used according to manufacturers' specifications.
- The light source meter is used according to manufacturers' specifications.
- Power meter used according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Set up and creating FASTREPORTER2
- Analyse and interpret test equipment results including Bi-directional OLTS and FASTREPORTER2.
- Reflectance and ORL Testing Principles and Methods
- Insertion loss Principles and Methods (Insert)
- The set up and use is within the context of a working environment.
- Perform "Do events analysis" on OTDR in accordance with the applicable work instruction.
- Perform "Light source" test in accordance with the applicable work instruction and
- Perform "power meter" test in accordance with the applicable work instruction and correctly interpret results.
- Propose applicable actions based on test results in terms of set standards.
- Record and classify test results in terms of applicable procedures OTDR Bi-Directional OLTS Fast Test results.
FIBRE OPTIC TECHNICAL TRAINING CURRICULUM.
OTDR TESTING ADVANCED (CHARACTERIZATION AND ATP)
23 & 24 JAN 2019
T: 087 238 0716
A: Building 5, Suite 5, Glen Manor Office Park,
138 Frikkie de Beer Street, Pretoria, 0063
ABOUT FIBRE INSTITUTE:
We deliver customized, competency tested, verified and recorded plus accredited technical training programmes that focus on the execution and delivery of projects in-line with our customers specification.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Test technician with experience
PRE-REQUISITE: Minimum 6 month’s full time experience in OTDR testing
©2018 Fibre Academy . All rights reserved.