TARGET AUDIENCE: Splice technician with experience
PRE-REQUISITE: Minimum 6 month’s full time experience in splicing and ODTR testing
This course is practical orientated to give an understanding of the common errors associated in splicing
- How to solve typical splicing errors on machine monitor
- How to analyse splice errors with OTDR
- Using multiple scenarios to fix splice errors
• Core diameters
• Identify Cable types
* G652, G653, G655
• Mode field diameter of cable types
- Selecting the correct fibre protector
• 40mm, 60mm, ANT
- Type of Splicing machine in use
• Core and Cladding alignment
FIBRE OPTIC TECHNICAL TRAINING CURRICULUM.
SPLICING AND FAULT FINDING
T: 087 238 0716
A: Building 5, Suite 5, Glen Manor Office Park,
138 Frikkie de Beer Street, Pretoria, 0063
ABOUT FIBRE INSTITUTE:
We deliver customized, competency tested, verified and recorded plus accredited technical training programmes that focus on the execution and delivery of projects in-line with our customers specification.
©2018 Fibre Academy . All rights reserved.